Discover the words of puja shubh muhurat, sampurna vidhi, mantras and Jai Shiv Omkara
Shukra Pradosh Vrat October 2022 Puja Shubh Muhurat
You can perform the Shiva Puja between 6:00 p.m. and 8:28 p.m.
Shukra Pradosh Vrat October 2022 Trayodashi Tithi Timings
The Trayodashi Tithi will be in effect from 7:26 a.m. on October 7 to 5:24 a.m. on October 8.
Shiva Puja Vidhi
You can opt for either a simpler ritual or an elaborate ritual.
For example, a devotee can perform the simplest panchopacharawhich involves five simple steps, or the Shodashopchara Puja with sixteen steps. The Panchopchara puja includes the following steps: Offering Gandham (natural fragrance/Chandan), Pushpam (flowers), Dhoop (Incense), Deepam (lamp) and Naivedya (Bhog).
Read on to know the Shodashopchara Puja Vidhi:
Take a bath before the puja and make all the arrangements.
Do Sankalpam (connect with the deepest desires of your heart and commit to doing the puja with all your heart). Then chant the following Mantras:
OM Namah Shivaya
I wish everyone observing this fast a very happy Pradosh Vrat.
Shiva Gayatri Mantra
OM Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dheemahi Tanno Rudra Prachodayat
OM Namo Bhagavate Rudraya
Note: Use Panch Patra to perform the rituals.
Shodashopchara Puja Vidhi
- Dhyana – Meditate
- Asana – Carefully place the idol of Lord Shiva / Shiva Linga on a chowki (a wooden platform) covered with an unused white cloth. And then light an oil lamp (sesame or mustard oil)/ghee.
- Padya – Sprinkle the feet of the Lord with water.
- Argya – Offering water to the Lord.
- Achaman – Pour water with the Udrani (spoon) on your right palm and drink it. Then rinse your hand.
- Snana – Sprinkle water on Lord Shiva. You can also perform the Abhishekam and for the ritual you would need water, raw milk, Gangajal, honey, curd, ghee etc. Gently dry the idol with a piece of fresh cloth.
- Vastra – Offer a new piece of white cloth or cotton mala (vastra mala)
- Yagnopaveeth – Offering the Sacred Janeu and Akshat
- Gandha – Offering Chandan paste or natural perfume
- Pushpa – Offering Datura flowers, Vilva leaves (Bel Patra)
- Dhoop – Incense sticks and dhoop
- Deep – An oil or ghee lamp.
- Naivedhya – Offer bhog consisting of fruits or any sattvic recipe. (You can also offer the Tamboolam composed of paan, supari, a brown coconut with shell, Dakshina, banana and/or some fruits)
- Pradakshina or Parikrama/ circumambulate – stand up and turn around three times from your right.
- Offer your greetings while performing Aarti with camphor.
- Pushpanjali – Give flowers and do shashtang namaskar.
Jai Shiv Omkara Aarti Lyrics with English Translation
Jai Shiv Omkara, Prabhu Jai Shiva Omkara, Bramha, Vishnu, Sadashiv, Ardhangi Dhaara. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
Salutations to the one endowed with the power of Brahma and Vishnu. I seek the blessings of the mighty Lord Shiva.
Ekanan Chaturanan Panchanan Raje, Hansanan Garudanan Vrishvahan Saje. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
Like Vishnu with one head and Brahma with four heads, O Shiva, you have five heads. So, like Vishnu riding a Garuda, like Brahma, who rides a swan, O Shiva, you ride a bull. Salutations to you, O Lord Shiva.
Do Bhuj Chaar Chaturbhuj Dash Bujh Ati Sohe, Trigun Rup Nirakhata Tribhuvan Jan Mohe. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
Brahma has two hands, Vishnu has four, but you have ten hands. So, by glorifying the beauty of the three worlds with the three Gunas, you hypnotize a devotee.
Akshamala Vanamala Mundamala Dhari, Tripurari Kansari Kar Mala Dhari. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
As Brahma you wear the Akshamala, as Vishnu you wear the Vanmala, and as Shiva you wear the Mundmala. You are the one who eliminated the demons. Bless me with your compassionate grace, O Lord Shiva.
Shvetambar Pitambar Baghambar Angel, Sanakadik Garunadik Bhutadik Sange. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
As Brahma you are clothed in white, while as Vishnu you are clothed in yellow. But as Shiva you wear the skin of the tiger. Therefore, the Sankadik saints, the Garunadiks and the Bhootas, accompany you. Salutations to you, O Lord Shiva.
Kar Ke Madhya Kamandal Chakra Trishuladhari, Sukhakari Dukhahari Jagapalan Kari. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
As Brahma you hold the Kamandal, as Vishnu you are endowed with the Sudarshana Chakra, and as Shiva you carry the Trishul (trident). You shower peace and eliminate evil. Salutations to you, O Lord Shiva.
Bramha Vishnu Sadashiv Jaanat Aviveka, Pranavakshar Mein Shobhit Ye Tino Eka. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva appear as three deities, but you are all one and part of the same unlimited power. Salutations to you, Lord Shiva.
Lakshmi Va Savitri Parvati Sangaa, Parvati Ardhangi, Shivalahari Ganga. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
Vishnu’s consort is Lakshmi, while Savitri is Brahma’s consort. You have Parvati by your side. She is your wife, just like the holy Ganges.
Parvat Sohe Parvati, Shankar Kailasa, Bhang Dhatur Ka Bhojan, Bhasmi Mein Vasa. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
You reside in Kailasha mountain with Parvati, Salutations to the Lord, who is pleased with the offerings of Bhang, Dhatura and Bhasma (holy ash).
Jata Me Gang Bahat Hai, Gal Mundan Maala, Shesh Naag Lipatavat, Odhat Mrugachala. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
The Ganga flows through your tangled locks and the Mundmala adorns your neck. The Shesha Nag covers your torso and you wear the Mrigchala (buckskin). Salutations to you, O Lord Shiva.
Kashi Me Viraje Vishvanath, Nandi Bramhchari, Nit Uthh Darshan Pavat, Mahima Ati Bhari. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
As Vishwanath you reside in Kashi and at your service is the Nandi Brahmachari. Those who rise early and take your Darshan are blessed with goodness. Salutations to you, O Lord Shiva.
Trigunasvamiji Ki Aarti Jo Koi Nar Gave, Kahat Shivan and Swami Sukh Sampati Pave. Om Jai Shiv Omkara
A devotee who greets you with the powers of the Trinity (Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh), is blessed with wealth and happiness. Salutations to you, O Lord Shiva.
We wish all devotees a blissful true Pradosh.